Would you like help to get signed up and logged onto the NHS App?
Starting Point are providing a drop-in support session at the Practice to help you get online with the NHS App, on Thursday 19 October between 1:30pm – 3:30pm at Marple Cottage Surgery, 50 Church Street, Marple, SK6 6BW
What you can do with the NHS App
You need to prove who you are to get full access to the NHS App. With full access you can:
- order repeat prescriptions and nominate a pharmacy where you would like to collect them
- book and manage appointments
- view your GP health record to see information like your consultations, medicines, test results, immunisations
- register your organ donation decision
- choose how the NHS uses your data
- view your NHS number
- contact the practice online – via direct messaging
- use NHS 111 online to answer questions and get instant advice or medical help near you
There are free group classes across Stockport to help you get online and stay safe online. Many community groups also offer help with digital skills along with their regular activities. To find a group near you, use our online group directory.
Call the DigiKnow Helpline on 07724 217888 to:
- find a community class, or search online by clicking here
- get support over the phone
About Starting Point
Starting Point was established to tackle several community-based issues, non-more so than the issue that we saw in our community with people not being able to get online and do the things that many of us take for granted. Tackling this issue, which some call ‘digital inclusion’ became central to the work of Starting Point.
For more information about Starting Point, please click here to visit their website.