COVID-19 Booster Vaccination Autumn 2023
The COVID-19 Autumn 2023 seasonal campaign will commence from September 2023.
The following groups of individuals will be offered a COVID-19 booster vaccine:
- Residents in a care home for older adults
- Frontline health and social care workers
- All adults aged 65 years and over
- Persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group, such as those who:
- have a weakened immune system
- have certain health conditions such respiratory, heart, vascular, kidney, liver, neurological diseases, diabetes, dysfunction of the spleen.
- are pregnant
- Persons aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- Persons aged 16 to 64 years who are carers and staff working in care homes for older adults.
Primary course vaccination for individuals in the above cohorts who have not had any previous doses should be offered. They should receive a single dose of COVID-19 vaccine during the campaign period.
Book your COVID-19 vaccination online
The Practice will be offering the COVID-19 Autumn 2023 booster vaccination from September 2023.
Currently, those patients who are also eligible for the flu vaccination, will be offered the COVID-19 booster vaccination, at the same time as their flu vaccination, subject to vaccine availability.
The Practice is working with our locality to arrange and confirm delivery of the COVID-19 Vaccines for the start of our flu vaccination Programme, commencing from 18 September 2023.
We will be contacting patient to arrange their flu vaccination, and will keep those updated by SMS Text Message. If you would like to update us with your up-to-date mobile number, or have any medical queries about Vaccinations, please contact the practice through our online triage system by clicking here.