You can now BOOK ONLINE for your annual Flu Vaccination, at both Practice sites: Marple Cottage Surgery or Guywood Practice, in Romiley.
Visit www.NHS.uk/NHSApp for more information on how to book online. Alternatively, please telephone the practice to arrange on 0161 426 0011 / 0161 983 5242.
Who can have the flu vaccine?
The flu vaccine is given free on the NHS to adults who:
- are 65 and over (including those who will be 65 by 31 March 2024)
- have a weakened immune system
- have certain health conditions such respiratory, heart, vascular, kidney, liver, neurological diseases, diabetes, dysfunction of the spleen.
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get a severe infection due to a weakened immune system, such as someone living with HIV, someone who has had a transplant, or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis
How to book your flu vaccination?
- NHS App – visit www.NHS.uk/NHSApp for more information
- Sending a message using our Online Triage System by clicking here
- Telephoning* the Practice on 0161 426 0011 / 0161 983 5242
*To reduce and avoid long telephone queues, we encourage you to book your appointment online, where possible.
What about the COVID-19 Autumn 2023 Booster Vaccination?
Those patients who are also eligible for the flu and COVID vaccination, will be offered the COVID-19 booster vaccination, at the same time as their flu vaccination, subject to vaccine availability.